First in Canada again! We were the first to have a Board Certified Microbial Investigator (CMI) on staff.
We are again the first to have a Certified Mould Detection Dog in Canada.see us on
Using biocides or bleach to kill mould does not have any advantages. Dead mould is just as toxic as mould that is alive. Cleaning or removing mould without protecting the rest of the building or unaffected areas can in some cases spread the mould contamination. In some cases the mould becomes harder and more expensive to clean up. Some mould inspection companies lack the equipment or experience to properly assess you mould issue. They are cheaper...but are they worth it?
Mould can grow inside your home behind walls and underneath flooring without you even being aware of it. Even though mould is a natural occurring fungi, it can have marked health effects on many people in large concentrations and depending on the type of mould.
New and older buildings can have indoor mould growth issues. The age of the home or office has little bearing on whether there could be a mould growth issue or even a mould infestation. If there have been any water intrusion issues, excessive condensation or elevated humidity levels inside the home or office, there could be mould. Unfortunately, odor is not a good indicator of the severity or potential of the indoor mould growth problem. Buildings can have a strong musty odor and a very small area of mould growth, or no odor at all and a very significant mould problem.
There are many mould species that can cause a variety of symptoms such as skin rashes, nose bleeds, itchy and watery eyes, breathing difficulties, migraine headaches, just to name a few. Some indoor moulds are extremely toxic and can cause long lasting illnesses and disease.