There's growing concern regarding the health effects of household mold because of a possible link to a wide array of illnesses and symptoms.
Not every household mold causes health issues. However, some spores comprise irritants, allergens, and generate toxins, which can cause medical problems, particularly when you inhale or ingest them deep into your respiratory tract.
Health effects from mold arise following exposure to huge doses of mycotoxins, which are by-products generated from the molds.
Adverse effects may vary across individuals. While some may be extremely sensitive to mycotoxins and experience adverse effects, others may be unaffected.
If you know there's a likelihood your symptoms are the result of mold exposure, consider seeking medical attention.
If you're experiencing mold infestation, exposure occurs principally through breathing in toxic mycotoxins and mold spores.
In turn, the toxic mycotoxins generate irritation and a burning sensation in your air passages for instance the mouth, nasal cavity, and throat.
Studies have also linked mold exposure to asthma; household molds can trigger attacks in those who are allergic to molds, causing chest tightness, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Asthma can be life threatening if your lungs can't get sufficient air.
Toxic mycotoxins in the air can enter your eyes, causing inflammation, irritation, and vision problems. When you expose your eyeballs to spores, this could result in sore, watery, or bloodshot eyes.
Sore eyes are also an indication of mold allergy, so breathing in spores could make your eyes sore and red.
Your eyes might be sore and red just after waking up if you've been inhaling mold spores even without contact with your eyeballs. Antihistamines, eye drops, and cold compresses may help alleviate uncomfortable symptoms.
Mold requires moisture, fuel, and warmth to grow and reproduce. Therefore, the skin is among the most favorable places.
If you don't dry yourself properly and immediately or if high humidity levels exist, and your skin is constantly moist, mold spores are likely to start reproducing.
To avoid mold growth on your skin from moisture causes, ensure you keep humidity levels as low as possible in your home. Mold exposure can also cause itchiness, rashes, and redness on your skin.
A mold rash can be extremely uncomfortable, itchy, and if you scratch excessively, you risk infection and skin breakage. This could result in an illness needing medical attention, including antibiotics.
Your symptoms are likely to persist provided mold exposure continues, so eliminate mold from your home.
When you're around toxic mold, your immune system may emit Choral Hydrate, a sedative, which acts as a defense to slow down the effects of toxic mold. However, this also makes you tired, causing fatigue.
Fatigue and low energy are rather common symptoms of mold exposure. Mold can cause tiredness for numerous reasons. For instance, respiratory problems such as pneumonia can restrict the oxygen you inhale, making you feel tired.
Symptoms such as wheezing and coughing can also keep you awake, causing tiredness the following day. If you're experiencing unexplained fatigue, see your doctor. Besides mold exposure, numerous conditions can cause tiredness.
A runny or blocked nose is a common symptom of mold exposure. Nasal congestion arises when your immune system creates mucus to trap mold spores, preventing entrance into the body.
Spores causing irritation to the mucus membranes can also result in nasal congestion. You can easily mistake symptoms such as coughing and sneezing for a cold.
However, mold infestation could be the actual cause of the allergic symptoms. If your symptoms are long term, for instance a cold throughout the year even during hot weather, there's a high chance your symptoms are related to mold.
Numerous molds can generate varying health effects depending on factors such as the degree of exposure and a person's sensitivities. Probable health concerns are a significant reason to prevent mold infestation. Meanwhile, seek medical advice if your symptoms persist.
If you require mold assistance, please contact us to discuss how we can help: (416) 414-5690
Using biocides or bleach to kill mould does not have any advantages. Dead mould is just as toxic as mould that is alive. Cleaning or removing mould without protecting the rest of the building or unaffected areas can in some cases spread the mould contamination. In some cases the mould becomes harder and more expensive to clean up. Some mould inspection companies lack the equipment or experience to properly assess you mould issue. They are cheaper...but are they worth it?